To use this new Binary to Decimal converter tool, type any binary integer like 1011 into the binary number field above, and then click the Convert button. You can get the result in Decimal number. It is possible to convert up to 63 binary characters to decimal.
Use RESET button to clear the calculator.
SWAP button will help you to switch between Binary to Decimal and Decimal to Binary.
1. Pick the last integer of the binary number, call this digit the currentDigit.
2. Consider a variable ‘power’. Set the value to 0.
3. Multiply the current digit with 2^power value, store the result.
4. Increment the power by 1.
5. Set the the currentDigit to the previous digit of the binary number.
6. Follow the step 3 until all digits have been multiplied.
7. Add all the results of step 3 to get the decimal number answer.
(111100000001)B = (1 × 2¹¹) + (1 × 2¹⁰) + (1 × 2⁹) + (1 × 2⁸) + (0 × 2⁷)
+ (0 × 2⁶) + (0× 2⁵) + (0 × 2⁴) + (0 × 2³) + (0 × 2²) + (0 × 2¹) + (1 × 2⁰)
(111100000001)B = (3841) D
Binary is the simplest type of number system that makes use of only two numbers 1 and 0. By using these numbers, arithmetical problems can be solved by machines because in digital instruments, a transistor is used in two states. Those two states can be represented by 0 (False) and 1 (True). That’s why this number system is the most chosen in modern computer engineering, networking and communication technologies by specialists, and other professionals.
Decimal number system also known as Base 10 numbering system because it is based on 10 ranging symbols: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. In decimal system, every digit holds its own position along with the decimal point. I.e. the number 326.34 has 4 in the Hundredths position, 3 in the Tenths position, 6 in the Units position, 2 in the Tens position, and 3 in the Hundreds position.
Decimal number system is also one of the ancient numeral system, whose roots are in Hindu-Arabic numeral system.
Binary to decimal
|Binary number||Decimal number||Binary signed 2’s complement||Hex number|