Our Final Exam Grade Calculator tool will allow you to calculate what you need on your final exam to get a certain grade in the class/course. It will also help you to plan your study for final exams.
How to Use the Final Grade calculator?
To use this calculator, follow the following steps:
- Select the grade type you want to calculate (Percentage/Letter).
- Enter the current grade % received.
- Enter the grades you would like to earn for the course
- Enter the final grade weight % (i.e. how much % is the final worth)
- Grade calculator will help you to calculate an approx. of final exam grade %, you will need to achieve the course %.
The current grade is 75% (or D-).
The final exam weight is 50%.
The required grade is 80% (or B-).
The final exam grade is equal to 100% times the required grade, minus 100% minus the final exam weight (w) times the current grade (g), divided by the final exam weight (w):
Final exam grade =
= ( required grade – (100% – w)×current grade ) / w
= ( 80% – (100% – 50%)×75% ) / 50%
So the final exam grade should be 85% (or B).